Because I was so focused on the task at hand, I missed the opportunity . . .
- to notice the tiny red flower pushing through the crack in the sidewalk
- to tell a colleague who is going through a rough patch that she looks lovely today.
- to finish a sentence.
- to identify animal shapes in the clouds.
- to appreciate the glory of a changing season.
- to give my cat a much-appreciated chin scratch.
- to measure the wealth of my blessings
- to read the final chapter of the book that has been waiting by my chair for my return.
- to run my fingers through my husband’s hair.
- to call (not text) a friend.
- to go outdoors and fill my lungs with fresh, clean air.
- to hug my son and daughter.
- to close my eyes and listen to the flowing water of the neighbor’s water fountain.
- to feel the softness of my heavy, red robe.
- to grow an herb garden.
- to bake (and share) cookies.
- to stomp in a puddle.
- to ‘Like’ a photo posted by a friend on Facebook.
- to color with crayons.
- to look out the window.
- to find out where that gravel road goes.
- to feel the dew in the grass.
Because I was so focused on the task at hand . . .